In the past week, we mostly worked towards reaching the second milestone of the release. We wrote tests, ran them, and fixed bugs. Here are the other important things we did:
- Continued work on "open declaration" (F3) in the editor for files in EGLARs
- Worked on a prototype for the extensible type system
- Made all of the type conversion code able to accept and return null
- Investigated integration with new mobile technologies
- Supported the 2012 IBM Rational EGL Programming contest, open to university students in China http://www.ibm.com/software/cn/rational/eglcontest/ (the page is in Chinese). We're excited to have 87 teams with 160 people from 28 universities involved in the contest! Awards will be presented at the Beijing Innovate conference in August.